The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA) is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses pursuing professional certifications and licensure or an associate degree in a portable career field and occupation. Spouses may use their MyCAA funds at any academic institution approved for participation in the MyCAA Scholarship.
The MyCAA Scholarship pays tuition costs for approved education and training courses and examinations leading to an associate degree or professional certification or licensure (excluding associate degrees in general studies, liberal arts and interdisciplinary studies that do not have a concentration).
MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) pays tuition for approved education and training courses, and licensing/credentialing fees. This includes:
- Continuing education unit (CEU) classes
- Degree programs leading to employment in portable career fields
- High school completion course, GED tests and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
- Licensing exams and related prep courses
- State certifications for teachers, medical professionals and other occupations requiring recognized certifications
- Spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E6, W1-W2, and O1-O3
- Spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members at E1-E6, W1-W2 and O1-O3 pay grades (spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders) Note: The MyCAA program does not include Coast Guard spouses.
- Eligible spouses can establish a MyCAA account
- Once a spouse's profile information is provided, MyCAA will verify the spouse's benefit eligibility with the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- Eligible spouses will be allowed to create their Career and Training Plan and request financial assistance at least 30 days prior to the course start dates.
- Please make sure to select Columbia Southern University in the AI portal when uploading your Education and Training Plan.
No refunds can be issued after the start date published in your Financial Award document.