What degree programs does CSU offer?

CSU offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees, as well as certificates and continuing education. View a full list of our degree offerings.

Which degree is right for me?

Before you decide on a degree, what is your ultimate goal? Do you have experience in the field already? Do some research on the job; what kind of degree does it require? Will you need industry certifications in addition to the degree? What is the job outlook for your career choice? My Next Move is a great place to start if you are unsure.

What are the requirements for beginning a graduate degree program at CSU?

A conferred bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is needed to apply and enroll in a graduate program at Columbia Southern University. CSU does not require a standardized entrance exam to begin a graduate program.

I received my bachelor’s degree from CSU, how do I apply for my master’s degree?

You will complete a new application in MyCSU Student Portal. You will find “ReApply Now” at the top, right corner of any page in the student portal.

How can my advisor help me?

Your advisor can update degree advisements, take enrollments, discuss and help with degree plans, and help with course selection. Your advisor is here to help you plan and prepare so that you can graduate on time.

Who can help me in the event my advisor is unavailable?

If your specific academic advisor is unavailable and you require immediate assistance, you may contact the Academic Advising Center and another advisor will be glad to assist you. You may contact them at 1-800-977-8449.

What resources are provided to me?

CSU provides necessary resources for all courses at no additional charge beyond tuition and fees. Resources may include eTextbooks, physical textbooks, links to articles, links to government websites, and other resources. The course syllabus will indicate the types of resources provided.

How many courses can I take at one time?

Academic Course Load is dependent on the enrollment system that a student is enrolling in. Academic Course Load Policy is explained in the CSU Student Handbook on page 24.

What happens if I fail a course?

If you fail a course, your academic advisor will typically advise that you retake the course as quickly as possible. Retaking the failed course replaces the F with an R (retake) and then only calculates the newly earned grade into your GPA. This is the quickest and most direct path to improving your GPA.

Are there resources available for assistance with math courses and writing assignments?

Yes. The Success Center has math and writing specialists available to assist you with course requirements. Students can submit a math or writing request via the MyCSU Student Portal or reach the Success Center at 877.875.0533 during normal business hours. You can also email TeamSucceed@ColumbiaSouthern.edu.