Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges

Columbia Southern University is a candidate for accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctorate degrees, and certificates. Questions about the status of Columbia Southern University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website.

Distance Education Accrediting Commission

Columbia Southern University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). CSU has maintained accreditation since it was initially granted on January 15, 2001 and received its most recent renewal of accreditation through January 2026. All CSU programs have been reviewed and approved by DEAC. The DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized agency, and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). CHEA is a nonprofit organization serving as a national advocate for self-regulation of academic quality through accreditation.

Distance Education Accrediting Commission

1101 17th Street NW, Suite 808
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: 202-234-5100
Fax: 202-332-1386

DEAC Accreditation Certificate (PDF)

Archived DEAC Accreditation Certificates

DEAC Student Achievement Disclosure for the Public (PDF)

Higher Education Related Memberships

American Council on Education

CSU is an institutional member of the American Council on Education (ACE), a major higher education coordinating body that influences public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. ACE membership is open to accredited degree-granting colleges and universities, and higher education associations within the United States.

For information on state authorization, please visit our State Authorization page.

For information on registering a complaint, please visit our External Complaint Process page.