Get Started
with Columbia Southern University

With more than 20 years of experience in online education, CSU understands what it takes to help working professionals like yourself achieve their academic goals. That’s why we are committed to offering flexible, affordable, trusted online degree programs to all of our students, no matter if you’re enrolling in college for the first time or are returning to school after taking time off.

Need help getting started? Our admissions counselors can help you every step of the way, from pulling transcripts to signing and submitting your application.

A successful life is right around the corner. Let us help you get there.

Apply Now

Why Students Choose CSU


How do I know how many credits will transfer into my degree program?

In order to determine how many credits will transfer into a degree program, future students will need to have their previous transcripts evaluated by CSU. The first step toward evaluation is to submit a free CSU application, all transcripts from previously attended institutions and all relevant training certificates.

My transcript includes credits from another school. Will this suffice for both schools?

No. CSU requires that all credit be evaluated from the transcript provided by the institution where the credits were earned.

Where do I send my transcripts?

Unofficial copies of transcripts should be emailed to Official electronic transcripts can be sent to Official paper transcripts will need to be mailed to:

Attn: Registrar’s Office
P.O. Box 3110
Orange Beach, AL 36561

How much does it cost to earn my degree with CSU and how long will it take me?

The total cost and completion time of any degree may vary depending on the rate of successful course completion. The time of completion is also determined by the enrollment habits of each individual. Students who continuously enroll at a full-time status will have the opportunity to complete their degree at a faster pace.

Does CSU request official transcripts?

CSU may be able to request official transcripts from certain institutions with the completion of the transcript request service form. However, CSU is unable to request transcripts from institutions that do not allow third-party requests or from institutions where there is a hold.

Can I enroll in LifePace with Federal Student Aid?

Students who are utilizing Federal Student Aid will be required to enroll in our term enrollment option.

Should I enroll in classes once my evaluation is completed, even if I have not received a notification from the Office of Financial Aid?

Once the evaluation is completed, prospective students are able to enroll in their first class. However, enrollments cannot be processed until all financial aid documents are on file and reviewed. In the event that required documents are not submitted by the deadline, the enrollment may be rejected for the current term.