Current CSU students who wish to apply for Federal Student Aid (FSA) for the first time should follow these procedures.
- Review the Preparing to Apply CSU webpage which provides a summary of important information you must know before applying for FSA.
- Students in the LifePace Learning option will be required to switch to the Term option in order to use FSA. Term is very different than LifePace Learning. Review the differences by reading the term policies webpage.
- Make certain you are enrolled in an eligible degree program. All programs are eligible except those listed below. If you are enrolled in one of these programs and wish to apply for financial aid, contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.
Programs Not Eligible for Federal Student Aid
- If CSU does not have all official transcripts on file, you will be contacted by the Registrar’s Office and provided with information regarding the CSU Transcript Request Service. All official transcripts must be on file for students who wish to use FSA.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Make certain to indicate the Columbia Southern University school code of 041215 on the FAFSA. If you have already completed a FAFSA, retrieve it and add the CSU school code.
- Monitor your email for important notifications and your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate you have submitted your FAFSA and wish to complete the financial aid approval process. The Office of Financial Aid will review your FAFSA. Once this review is complete, you will be provided with additional instructions for completing the process.
If you would like a quick estimate of FSA available, the FAFSA4caster site can provide an estimate of your eligibility. The information entered will later transfer to your FASFA if you decide to apply for FSA. You'll need tax information on hand to complete the process.
Please contact your financial aid specialist at email@example.com or 800-977-8449 if you have any questions.