Foundations for Success is a 10-week, self-paced course that’s based on Chantell Cooley's inspirational book, "Winning the Game of Life" and the corresponding workbook "Equipped for the Game of Life." This course will identify the building blocks for living a successful life and will teach students the tools to navigate each area of focus.
Enter promo code: SUCCESS during enrollment to waive tuition fees.
IMPORTANT: You will be auto-enrolled in this course if you use a promo code. This course will open in Blackboard the day after the enrollment request is submitted.
All course materials are included in the course at no additional fee.
Cooley, C. M. (2016). Equipped for the Game of Life. Orange Beach, AL: Cooley Communications.
Cooley, C. M. (2016). Winning the Game of Life. Orange Beach, AL: Cooley Communications.
Additional Course Information
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify one’s sources of strength and values within one’s life.
- Recognize support and obstacles that come from one’s own family and culture.
- Connect opportunities for involvement, volunteerism, and fellowship with career goals.
- Articulate the benefits of setting goals and receiving help toward those goals.
- Analyze one’s ability to be flexible and compromise.
- Recognize the effects of bad habits and the use of new constructive habits.
- Identify the balance between procrastinating and making quick decisions based on emotions.
- Recognize the effect of one’s own perspective on career and life decisions.
About Chantell Cooley
Chantell Cooley is the co-founder of Columbia Southern University, senior vice president and co-owner of Columbia Southern Education Group. Since 1989, Chantell has leveraged her knack for interpersonal communication and leadership skills to encourage adult learners to fulfill their goals through higher education. During her tenure with CSU, Cooley led initiatives throughout the organization including the implementation of the university’s unique customer service model and learning partnership program. Chantell is also an author, speaker and host of her own show—Moving Forward.