CMC 1002: Servant Leadership
Servant Leadership, a course offered through Columbia Southern University equips students with the skills they need to become leaders and mentors at work, no matter their position. With teachings from Scripture and modern business leaders, Chantell Cooley walks students through the steps to becoming a more efficient and knowledgeable leader. This course focuses on personal awareness and development, as well as external relationship dynamics and leadership strategies.
- CEUs: 3.1
- Textbook: No physical textbook is required; resources are integrated within the course.
- Prerequisites: No prerequisite courses are required for enrollment in this course.
- Course Cost: $50
- Course Duration: This course is a 10-week self-paced, open enrollment course. Once students complete each assignment in the course with a 70% or higher, they will receive a certificate of completion listing the CEUs earned.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify traits of a successful leader and mentor.
- Recognize personal prejudices and trials and ways to overcome both.
- Explore personality traits, weaknesses and strengths.
- Develop a strong inner circle.
- Recognize when and how to be a follower.
- Develop trust with colleagues.
- Implement strategies for concept buy-in.
- Develop confidence in leadership talents.
IMPORTANT: You will be auto-enrolled in this course if you use a promo code. This course will open in Blackboard the day after the enrollment request is submitted.
For more information, please contact ContinuingEd@ColumbiaSouthern.edu.
About Chantell Cooley
Chantell Cooley is the co-founder of Columbia Southern University and the senior vice president and co-owner of Columbia Southern Education Group. Since 1989, Chantell has leveraged her knack for interpersonal communication and leadership skills to encourage adult learners to fulfill their goals through higher education. During her tenure with CSU, Cooley led initiatives throughout the organization, including the implementation of the university’s unique customer service model and learning partnership program. Chantell is also an author, speaker and host of her own show: Moving Forward.
To learn more about Chantell Cooley, visit ChantellCooley.com.