A 10-week, self-paced course offered through Columbia Southern University, “Building Your Team” addresses major concerns surrounding leadership in the modern work environment. This course prepares students to not only lead successful teams, but also to collaborate with their teams in meaningful ways such as co-leading, conflict management, leadership isolation, customer service and delegation.
Enter promo code: SUCCESS during enrollment to waive tuition fees.
IMPORTANT: You will be auto-enrolled in this course if you use a promo code. This course will open in Blackboard the day after the enrollment request is submitted.
Additional Course Information
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Articulate the challenges and benefits to co-leading a team.
- Demonstrate the importance of customer service.
- Explain the importance of believing in one’s team.
- Express strategies for managing conflict in the workplace.
- Formulate a plan for managing the isolation of leadership.
- Identify opportunities for providing structure to the team in the workplace.
- Predict the opportunities for delegation.
- Utilize strategies for stacking a highly successful team.
About Chantell Cooley
Chantell Cooley is the co-founder of Columbia Southern University, senior vice president and co-owner of Columbia Southern Education Group. Since 1989, Chantell has leveraged her knack for interpersonal communication and leadership skills to encourage adult learners to fulfill their goals through higher education. During her tenure with CSU, Cooley led initiatives throughout the organization including the implementation of the university’s unique customer service model and learning partnership program. Chantell is also an author, speaker and host of her own show—Moving Forward.