Columbia Southern University recognizes the sacrifices made by the family members of America’s military men and women, and public safety personnel (firefighters, law enforcement officers, EMTs and dispatchers). Each award date, two scholarships will be awarded. One will be awarded to the spouse or child of a National Guard or active-duty military member. One will be awarded to the spouse or child of a public safety personnel.
Available to both future and current CSU students, the scholarship will cover up to 60 credit hours toward one online degree program. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first.
- Submit acceptable verification documentation of spouse or parent’s public safety or military affiliation. See below for acceptable verification documentation.
- Have earned a high school transcript or equivalent (GED)
- Begin coursework within 90 days of the award date
- Be capable of maintaining a 2.0 undergraduate or 3.0 graduate GPA
- Remain in good standing with CSU throughout degree program
- Maintain continuous enrollment in a degree program
Current CSU students must already meet these requirements for consideration.
Acceptable Verification Documentation Includes:
- A statement of employment on company letterhead from a superior
- Copy of an employment ID card
- Copy of applicant’s Tricare Card
- Copy of orders
- Letter from the military member’s command
- By law, CSU cannot accept military ID copies
To apply, fill out the Hero Behind the Hero Scholarship application. CSU will award two scholarships during each award month listed below, for a total of eight scholarships awarded annually.
|Scholarship Application Period||Scholarship Award Month|
|January 17 — February 28||March|
|April 1 — May 31||June|
|July 5 — August 31||September|
|September 27 — November 25||December|
The scholarship recipients will be selected and notified by the final day of the award month. The scholarship recipients and all other applicants will receive an email notifying them of the decision. For any questions or concerns, please email the scholarship liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-785-3006.