The Army Tuition Assistance program (ATA) is open to nearly all active-duty soldiers including those in the Army Reserve and the Army National Guard. For details about restrictions about eligibility and use, please download the Army Continuing Education System Regulations.
ATA will cover 100 percent of tuition and fees up to the maximum amount of:
- $250 per semester credit hour
- $4,000 per fiscal year
- 16 semester hours per fiscal year
- Soldiers will be eligible for Army Tuition Assistance (ATA) upon successfully completing one year of military service following graduation from Advanced Individual Training.
- Soldiers can use ATA for a second, higher-level degree (post bachelor's) once they have ten years of service, if any portion of the undergraduate degree was funded with ATA. There is no ten year requirement if ATA did not fund any portion of your undergraduate work.
- Soldiers can utilize ATA to cover up to 130 semester hours toward a bachelor's degree and 39 semester hours toward a graduate degree.
- Soldiers may complete one degree at the bachelor's and at the master's level.