CE 1006: Developing Fire Service Professionals
This course will present information that allows students to analyze professional development and succession planning within their organization and formulate opportunities to develop future officers and leaders in the fire service.
The student’s body of work in this course should contain all of the information necessary for a personal development plan, which will serve as a foundational document of the student’s career to date as well as a roadmap for the future.
- Identify human capital in the context of human management
- Discuss the differences between succession planning and succession development
- Recognize different methods for encouraging employee knowledge, skills and growth
- Discuss the differences between mentoring, coaching and counseling in employee development
- Explain the development of personal leadership styles
- Develop an individual career path to facilitate succession development
- Identify the training and professional development necessary for the development of a succession plan.
- Define the difference between leadership and management as it pertains to professional development and success planning.
Course Textbook: This course does not utilize a textbook.
Course Cost: $325
Note: CE courses are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid, Military Tuition Assistance or Learning Partner Discounts.
CEUs Earned Upon Course Completion: 5.2
Course Length: This course is a 10 week, self-paced, open enrollment course. Once the student completes the course with a 70% or higher within the 10 week time frame, he / she will receive a certificate of completion that lists the 5.2 CEUs earned. Course must be paid for in full before student is eligible to receive certificate of completion.