Already a certified Fire Officer I? Interested in continuing your training for the potential to serve an even larger managerial role in your Fire House? CSU now offers Fire Officer II completely online which will help you move up the ladder and become the professional you hope to be.
Course Description: Columbia Southern University has partnered with the Alabama Fire College (AFC) to offer the NFPA: 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, Fire Officer II training and certification exam completely online. CE 1004, Fire Officer II, is offered as a continuing education course and may lead to IFSAC* and ProBoard certification through Alabama Fire College. Upon successful completion of CE 1004, students are eligible to sit for the certification exam provided by Alabama Fire College and Personnel Standards Commission.
It is a requirement to complete each of the assignments in the CE 1004 continuing education course with a minimum score of 70 percent in order to be eligible to complete the Fire Officer II certification exam. To pass the certification examination, an overall score of 70 percent is required. Re-tests may be taken after 30 days and within 12 months of the date of course completion.
Course Textbook: International Fire Service Training Association. (2014). Fire and emergency services company officer (5th ed.). Stillwater, OK: Fire Protection Publications.
All course materials are included in the course at no additional fee.
Course Cost: $325
CEUs Earned Upon Course Completion: 4.2
Course Length: This course is a 10 week, self-paced, open enrollment course. Once students complete the course with a 70% or higher within the 10 week time frame, they will receive a certificate of completion that list the 4.2 CEUs earned. Course must be paid for in full before student is eligible to receive certificate of completion.
Students can apply for an extension if the course is not completed within the alloted 10 week time frame. If students do not complete all assignments with a 70% or higher within 10 weeks, they will be removed from the course if an extension is not applied for.
Prerequisites to take course: IFSAC* or ProBoard Certified Fire Officer I and Certified Fire Instructor I
Prerequisites to take Certification Exam: IFSAC* or ProBoard Certified Fire Officer I and Certified Fire Instructor I and successful completion of all projects in CE 1004, Fire Officer II, with an earned grade of 70% or better.
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Determine basic responsibilities and duties of Company Officer Level II.
- Explain the role of Company Officer II in behavior management and professional development.
- Utilize policy and procedure development, budget preparation, and the purchasing process.
- Describe the role of the Company Officer II in fire origin and cause determination.
- Describe the role of Company Officer II in the delivery of emergency services.
- Explain safety investigations and analysis.
Step by Step to Certification:
- Ensure that all prerequisites for the course have been met.
- Register for the CE 1004, Fire Officer II continuing education course.
- Complete all of the skills (projects in CE 1004, Fire Officer II) with an overall score of 70% or higher.
- Upon successful completion of the CE 1004, Fire Officer II continuing education course, the CEUs earned can be evaluated to possibly become transfer credit into a degree program as three hours of lower level elective credit.
- Upon successful completion of the CE 1004, Fire Officer II continuing education course, students may elect to attempt the Fire Officer II certification exam administered by Alabama Fire College.
- Register for the Fire Officer II certification exam.
- Designate an AFC approved proctor.
- Attempt the Fire Officer II certification exam. The certification exam will be administered by Alabama Fire College after successful completion of the course.
- Upon successfully passing the Fire Officer II certification exam, Alabama Fire College will issue the official certificate to the student*.
*Please note that an IFSAC certification cannot be granted to a student from another state, that is a participating IFSAC member, without prior approval of the Executive Director of that state’s academy.
For more information, please contact Continuing Education | email@example.com | 800.313.1992