Student Financial Assistance

CSU offers financial aid resources to assist students in funding their college education. Financial aid is available in the form of grants, scholarships and/or loans. A federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need and who have not yet earned a bachelor or professional degree. Direct loans are low-interest loans that assist students and parents in paying for post-secondary education. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education rather than a bank. Federal student aid is awarded based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). More information is available at Paper copies of this information are available from the Office of Financial Aid, which can be contacted at 800.977.8449 Ext. 6530 or
Columbia Southern University
Office of Financial Aid
21982 University Lane
Orange Beach, AL 36561
Phone: 800.977.8449 Ext. 6530
CSU participates in the following federal student aid programs:
  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
  • Federal Direct PLUS Loans
Information regarding the various types of financial aid offered at CSU is available at:
Contact: Scholarship Liaison
Phone: 888-785-3006
CSU recognizes the importance of a quality education and is dedicated to helping students find a way to achieve their higher education goals. In addition to offering federal student aid, CSU offers several scholarships that are awarded on an annual basis. The actual award criteria are established annually and based on the availability of scholarship funds. Information regarding scholarship opportunities is available at
A conviction for any offense, during a period of enrollment for which a student was receiving Title IV, HEA Program (federal) funds, under any federal law involving the possession or sale of illegal drugs may result in the loss of eligibility for any Title IV, HEA grant, loan or work-study assistance (HEA Sec. 484(r)(1)); (20 U.S.C. 1091(r)(1)). CSU’s Drug Convictions Policy is available at
CSU does not recommend, promote or endorse lenders for private education loans.
Entrance counseling is required before you can receive your first Direct Subsidized Loan, or Direct Unsubsidized Loan as an undergraduate, or your first Direct PLUS Loan as a graduate/professional student. Exit counseling is required when you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time. Exit counseling provides important information you need to prepare to repay your federal student loan(s). Entrance and Exit counseling are completed online at You will need your FSA ID  to access entrance and exit counseling. An entrance and exit counseling demo is available online at Counseling Demo.