National Volunteer Fire Council
Columbia Southern University is proud to award two scholarships to members of the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC). Each scholarship will cover up to 60 credit hours towards one online degree program. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a member of the NVFC. If you are not currently an NVFC member, click here to learn about membership benefits and join the NVFC
- Be a volunteer responder
- Complete the CSU/NVFC Scholarship application
- Submit a 500-word essay on this subject: "Explain how the opportunity to continue your education through this scholarship will advance your participation in the fire and emergency services or enhance your ability to contribute back to the emergency services community."
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation (from a teacher or someone at the fire department you reported to directly)
- Must not have previously earned a scholarship through CSU or the NVFC
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED), and be able to provide a transcript
- Be able to begin coursework within 90 days of the date of the award
- Maintain a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA
- Remain in good standing with CSU and NVFC throughout his or her degree program
- Maintain continuous enrollment in the CSU degree program
- Current CSU students must already meet these requirements to be considered
The scholarship will be open from June 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020 An NVFC Scholarship Committee will select the winners. Winners will be announced in October 2020. The winners will receive a phone call and all non-winners will receive an email notifying them of the decision.
Questions? Please email our scholarship liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-785-3006.