Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) Scholarship
Columbia Southern University will grant one scholarship to a surviving spouse or surviving child of a law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty. The scholarship will cover up to 60 credit hours toward one online degree program. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first.
- Applicants must be the surviving spouse or surviving child of a law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty
- Eligible candidates must have a high school transcript or equivalent (GED)
- Scholarship applicants must be available to begin coursework within 90 days of the date of the award
- Capable of maintaining a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA
- Remain in good standing with CSU throughout a degree program
- Maintain continuous enrollment in a degree program
- Current CSU students must already meet these requirements to be considered
The scholarship will open on May 11, 2019 and will close August 11, 2019. Applicants will be required to submit verification of their membership. The Columbia Southern University scholarship committee will select and announce the winner in September 2019. The winner will receive a phone call and all non-winners will receive an email notifying them of the decision. For any questions or concerns, please email the scholarship liaison at email@example.com or call 888-785-3006.
Learn more about the Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.)
“Each year, between 140 and 160 officers are killed in the line of duty and their families and co-workers are left to cope with the tragic loss. C.O.P.S. provides resources to help them rebuild their shattered lives. There is no membership fee to join C.O.P.S., for the price paid is already too high. C.O.P.S. was organized in 1984 with 110 individual members. Today C.O.P.S. membership is over 47,000 survivors.” For additional information, please visit https://www.nationalcops.org/index.html