Join Columbia Southern University on a ten day guided tour of historic Italy. While traveling in Venice, Verona, Florence, and Rome, walk back through time as you explore famous landmarks of European Culture. From St. Mark’s Basilica, to the Colosseum, Romeo and Juliet’s House, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Sistine Chapel, Pompeii, and more, this tour showcases historical Italy at its finest.
September 12 – 21, 2020
$3,324 per person, double occupancy; $4,076 per person, single occupancy
: 30% deposit due at time of reservation. Final payments due by May 30, 2020.
Cancellation Policy: Deposit and payments are non-refundable after May 30, 2020.
- Deluxe motor coach throughout your tour
- 8 Nights at 4 star or 3 star superior hotels
- Daily bed and breakfast at your hotel
- English speaking professional Italian Tour Director throughout the tour
- 2 return boat tickets per person from Tronchetto to St. Mark’s Square in Venice
- 5 Lunches with 1 drink per person
- 3 Dinners with 1 drink per person
- Half-day guided tour of Venice
- Half-day guided tour of Verona
- Four-hour guided tour of Florence
- Half-day guided tour of Pisa
- Full day guided tour of Rome
- Half-day tour of the Vatican Half day guided tour of Pompeii
- Entrance Fees to the following:
- Doge’s Palace
- St. Mark’s Basilica
- Arena and Juliet’s house/courtyard
- Uffizi Art Gallery
- Baptistry, Cathedral and Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Coliseum, Roman Forum, Catacombs, and Circus Maximus
- Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Airfare (See Airfare information below)
- Tourist Tax at Hotels (estimated at $60/person)
- Meals and Drinks not indicated above.
- Tips to diver, guides, and tour director
- Personal extras
- Travel insurance
CSU has reserved limited seating for flights to Venice from JFK and departing from Rome for a price of $707.33 through Delta Airlines.
You can purchase these flights here https://mycsu.columbiasouthern.edu/forms/Conference/ItalyFlight. Please note all seats are Main Cabin and you will not be able to select specific seats. CSU will coordinate purchase of tickets with Delta and send your confirmation information to you. You will be contacted by a CSU representative to gather additional information for your ticket. All flights must be booked by June 14, 2020.
Earn Academic Credit:
Earn undergraduate elective credit by enrolling in HUM 2301: Historical Tour of Italy. Standard tuition rates apply.
- September 12 – Leave U.S.A.
- September 13 – Arrive Venice, Bus to Hotel in Venice Mestre, Lunch included, Boat and Walking Orientation Tour of Venice including Bridge of Sighs, Piazza San Marco and Dinner included, Return to Hotel. Overnight Venice Mestre.
- September 14 – Breakfast followed by Venice Historic Tour – including St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace. Lunch on your own. Afternoon free to shop and tour other attractions. Return to the Hotel and included Dinner. Overnight Venice Mestre.
- September 15 – Breakfast and early departure. Tour of Verona including Coliseum, Castelvecchio, Romeo and Juliet House. Lunch included along Adige River. Travel to Florence. Short Orientation Tour of Florence and Dinner on your own. Overnight Florence.
- September 16 – Breakfast, Tour of Florence including: Uffizi Gallery, Florence Cathedral, Piazza della Repubblica, the Old Bridge, and the River Arno. Lunch included. Time for shopping, Touring other attractions and dinner on your own. Overnight Florence.
- September 17 – Breakfast, Early Departure, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Cathedral and Baptistery tour. Lunch included along the Mediterranean Sea. Arrive in Rome. Short walking tour in Rome to see Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. Dinner on your own. Overnight Rome.
- September 18 – Breakfast, Day Tour of Rome including: Colosseum, Pantheon, Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, and Catacombs. Lunch included. Dinner on your own. Overnight Rome.
- September 19 – Breakfast, Vatican Tour including St. Peters, Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Museums. Lunch on your own. Afternoon and Evening Free to enjoy other attractions in Rome. Overnight Rome.
- September 20 – Breakfast – Bus tour to Pompeii – Tour Pompeii – Lunch Included – Return to Rome and Farewell to Italy Dinner in the area of Piazza Navona and the Pantheon. Overnight Rome.
- September 21 – Travel back to U.S.A
For more information, please contact the Continuing Education Department at ContinuingEd@ColumbiaSouthern.edu.