Join Columbia Southern University on a nine-day guided tour through historic Italy. Traveling through Venice, Verona, Florence, and Rome, walk back through time as you explore significant landmarks of European Culture. From St. Mark’s Basilica, to the Colosseum, Romeo and Juliet’s House, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Sistine Chapel, Pompeii, and more, this tour showcases historical Italy at its finest.
November 03 - 12, 2023
Historical sites and landmarks throughout Venice, Verona, Florence and Rome. For additional information, please view the full itinerary below.
Leaving From JFK Airport, New York 11430
Cost Without Airfare:
- $3,250 per person- double occupancy
- $4,150 per person- single occupancy
Cost Including Airfare from and to New York’s JFK Airport:
(See airfare information below)
- $4,410 per person- double occupancy
- $5,370 per person- single occupancy
Reservations: 30% deposit due (at time of reservation). Final payments due by July 9, 2023.
*Cancellation Policy: 30% of deposit is non-refundable after May 1st, 2023. Final payments are non-refundable after July 9, 2023.
- Deluxe motor coach throughout your tour
- 8 Nights at 4-star hotels
- Daily bed and breakfast at your hotel
- English speaking professional Italian Tour Director throughout the tour
- 2 return boat tickets per person from Tronchetto to St. Mark’s Square in Venice
- 7 Lunches with 1 drink per person
- 3 Dinners with 1 drink per person
- Half day guided tour of Venice
- Half day guided tour of Verona
- Four-hour guided tour of Florence
- Half day guided tour of Pisa
- Full day guided tour of Rome
- Half day tour of the Vatican
- Half day guided tour of Pompeii
- City tourist tax at each hotel
- Entrance to the Following: St. Mark’s Basilica, Doge’s Palace, Juliet’s House, Uffici Gallery, Square of Miracles, Pisa Cathedral and Baptistry, Coliseum, Roman Forum, St. Callisto Catacombs, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Pompei Archaeological site.
- Travel Insurance through Group Source Travel which includes: Trip Cancellation – 100% of Cost; Trip Interruption – 100% of Cost; Trip Delay - $1,000; Baggage and Personal Effects - $1500; Baggage Delay - $250; Emergency Medical and Dental Expenses - $25,000; Emergency Evacuation - $150,000; Accidental Death and Dismemberment - $10,000; and Travel Assistance/Concierge.
- Airfare (unless airfare option is purchased)
- Meals and Drinks that are not indicated above
- Tips to driver, guides, and tour director
- Personal extras
Airfare: CSU has reserved limited economy seating on Delta Airlines flights to Venice Marco Polo Airport from New York’s JFK Airport and departing from Rome’s Fiumicino Airport to JFK. The flight departs JFK on 11/03/23 at 6:55 p.m. and arrives in Venice on 11/04/23 at 8:20 am. The flight from Rome will depart on 11/12/23 at 9:40 a.m. and arrive at JFK at 1:25 pm.
* Connecting or Alternate flight Ticketing: Can be done through Group Source Travel (615-385-3673 X 2124)
Earn Academic Credit: Earn undergraduate elective credit by enrolling in a Humanities course: HUM 2301; Historical Tour of Italy. Standard tuition rates apply.
- November 3rd – Leave U.S.A.
- November 4th (Venice) – Arrive in Venice, Bus to Hotel in Venice Mestre, Lunch included, Boat and Walking Orientation Tour of Venice including Bridge of Sighs, Piazza San Marco and Dinner included, Return to Hotel. Overnight Venice Mestre.
- November 5th (Venice) – Breakfast followed by Venice Historic Tour – including St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace. Lunch on your own. Afternoon free to shop and tour other attractions. Return to the Hotel and dinner is included. Overnight Venice Mestre.
- November 6th (Venice, Verona, Florence) – Breakfast and early departure. Tour of Verona including Coliseum, Castelvecchio, Romeo and Juliet House. Lunch included along Adige River. Travel to Florence. Short Orientation Tour of Florence and Dinner on your own. Overnight Florence.
- November 7 (Florence) – Breakfast- Tour of Florence including: Uffizi Gallery, Florence Cathedral, Piazza della Repubblica, the Old Bridge, and the River Arno. Lunch included. Time for shopping, Touring other attractions and dinner on your own. Overnight Florence.
- November 8th (Florence, Pisa, Rome) – Breakfast- Early Departure, Leaning Tour of Pisa, Cathedral and Baptistery tour. Lunch included along the Mediterranean Sea. Arrive in Rome. Short walking tour in Rome to see Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona. Dinner on your own. Overnight in Rome.
- November 9th (Ancient Rome) – Breakfast- Day Tour of Rome; including: Colosseum, Pantheon, Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, and Catacombs. Lunch is included. Dinner on your own. Overnight Rome.
- November 10th (Vatican State) – Breakfast- Vatican Tour including St. Peters, Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Museums. Lunch on your own. Afternoon and Evening Free to enjoy other attractions in Rome. Overnight in Rome.
- November 11th (Pompeii. Rome) – Breakfast – Bus tour to Pompeii – Tour Pompeii – Lunch Included – Return to Rome and Farewell to Italy. Dinner at a restaurant in central Rome. Overnight in Rome.
- November 12th – Travel back to U.S.A
For more information and to register, please visit . When your registration and deposit are processed, you will receive a confirmation email along with a receipt. You will also receive an email June 28th with the final deposit amount due based on the exchange rate. The final payment will be charged on July 9th. If you have any questions, please contact the Continuing Education Department at ContinuingED@columbiasouthern.edu.Register Now