Course Code: CSU-B-CSSGB
Course Duration: 6 months
Contact Hours: 375
The Six Sigma Specialist program helps professionals to strengthen organizations by employing the core concepts of Six Sigma geared toward enhanced problem-solving skills with an emphasis on the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) model. The Six Sigma Specialist program presents an overview of the key concepts for the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam. Students will explore processes and team management, operational metrics, and key tools and techniques to achieve process excellence. This program is designed to prepare students to sit for the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam offered by the American Association for Quality.
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- There are no state approval and/or state requirements associated with this program.
- There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) Exam
- The Six Sigma Green Belt certification requires 3 years of work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
- Work experience must be in a full time, paid role. Paid intern, co-op or any other course work cannot be applied
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam.
- At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Justify the value of Six Sigma metrics
- Analyze customer information within a potential Six Sigma project
- Apply the design for Six Sigma (DFSS) process
- Apply theories of team dynamics to improve Six Sigma process
- Apply the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) process
- Generate process management documentation
- Analyze the effects of statistical process control (SPC) on performance Analyze process capability in the context of performance
- Apply design of experiments (DOE) to a potential project
- Use Microsoft Office
Upon successful completion of this Columbia Southern University program, students would be eligible to sit for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) and the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams. Although there are no state approval, state registration or other state requirements for this program, students who complete this program at Columbia Southern University will be prepared and are eligible to sit for this national certification exam. Students who complete this program are encouraged to complete the externship option with their program. Students who complete this program can and do sit for the MOS national certification exams and are qualified, eligible and prepared to do so. Columbia Southern University works with each student to complete the exam application and register the student to take their national certification exam.
Externship / Hands on Training / Practicum
Although not a requirement, once students complete the program, they have the ability to participate in an externship and/or hands on practicum so as to practice the skills necessary to perform the job requirements of a professional in this field. Students will be assisted with completing a resume and/or other requirements necessary to work in this field. All students who complete this program are eligible to participate in an externship and will be placed with a participating organization near their location. Columbia Southern University works with national organizations and has the ability to place students in externship opportunities nationwide.
Program Details (PDF)