Course Code: CSU-B-CSSBB
Course Duration: 6 months
Contact Hours: 375
Building upon participants’ existing knowledge and practice, the Six Sigma Black Belt course will help participants to master advanced statistical analysis tools, identify opportunities with solutions that can be implemented immediately and to deliver measurable results right away in order to increase an organization’s return on investment. Participants who complete this course will be able to lead Six Sigma projects meant to enhance the capability of both internal and external processes in order to better meet customer expectations. With the comprehensive understanding of process analysis and improvement individuals gain from Six Sigma Black Belt certification, professionals with these skills with makes a significant impact on any organization and be well-positioned for advancement in their chosen fields. The Six Sigma Black Belt course presents an overview of the key concepts for the Certifiedix Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) exam. Students will explore processes and team management, operational metrics, and key tools and techniques to achieve process excellence.
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- There are no state approval and/or state requirements associated with this program.
- There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) Exam
- NOTE: Six Sigma Black Belt requires 2 completed projects with signed affidavits OR 1 completed project with signed affidavit and 3 years of work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Body of knowledge.
- Candidates do NOT need to be a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam.
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) model to create breakthrough in profitability and growth
- Manage projects by defining metrics, following and employing the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) methodology
- Design effective teams to execute projects using tools & techniques of Lean Six Sigma
- Implement a sustainable process breakthrough using the DMAIC methodology
- Differentiate DMAIC and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) frameworks
- Analyze a business process and engender support from executive management focusing the tools and techniques relevant to the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Sustain process breakthrough improvements in the control phase of the LSS initiative
- Use Microsoft Office
Upon successful completion of this Columbia Southern University program, students would be eligible to sit for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) and the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams. Although there are no state approval, state registration or other state requirements for this program, students who complete this program at Columbia Southern University will be prepared and are eligible to sit for this national certification exam. Students who complete this program are encouraged to complete the externship option with their program. Students who complete this program can and do sit for the MOS national certification exams and are qualified, eligible and prepared to do so. Columbia Southern University works with each student to complete the exam application and register the student to take their national certification exam.
Externship / Hands on Training / Practicum
Although not a requirement, once students complete the program, they have the ability to participate in an externship and/or hands on practicum so as to practice the skills necessary to perform the job requirements of a professional in this field. Students will be assisted with completing a resume and/or other requirements necessary to work in this field. All students who complete this program are eligible to participate in an externship and will be placed with a participating organization near their location. Columbia Southern University works with national organizations and has the ability to place students in externship opportunities nationwide.
Program Details (PDF)