Course Code: CSU-B-ADMIN
Course Duration: 6 months
Contact Hours: 375
This program takes students through the ins and outs of day-to-day office functions as well as the essential knowledge of bookkeeping and overall record keeping relative to successful small business operations. Additionally, this course takes students through all accounting principles and bookkeeping necessities so that they can not only keep accurate books, but understand why and how these records are kept, as well as how these processes and procedures might be improved. A full study of QuickBooks will ensure that students can operate successfully within the most-widely used accounting software application.
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- There are no state approval and/or state requirements associated with this program.
- There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- National Association of Certified Professional Bookkeepers (NACPB) Bookkeeper Certification Exam
- National Career Certification Board (NCCB) Certified Administrative Assistant (CAA) Exam
- Intuit QuickBooks Certified User® Exam
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam.
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Complete Basic Office & Administrative Assistant Procedures
- Master Business Computer Concepts
- Understand Accounting Principles & Concepts
- Understand Business Accounting
- Navigate and Use Quickbooks
- Use Microsoft Office
Upon successful completion of this Columbia Southern University program, students would be eligible to sit for the National Association of Certified Professional Bookkeepers (NACPB) Bookkeeper Certification Exam, the National Career Certification Board (NCCB) Certified Administrative Assistant (CAA) Exam, the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User® Exam and the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam. Although there are no state approval, state registration or other state requirements for this program, students who complete this program at Columbia Southern University will be prepared and are eligible to sit for these national certification exams. Students who complete this program are encouraged to complete the externship option with their program. Students who complete this program can and do sit for these national certification exam and are qualified, eligible and prepared to do so. Columbia Southern University works with each student to complete the exam application and register the student to take their national certification exam.
Externship / Hands on Training / Practicum
Although not a requirement, once students complete the program, they have the ability to participate in an externship and/or hands on practicum so as to practice the skills necessary to perform the job requirements of a professional in this field. Students will be assisted with completing a resume and/or other requirements necessary to work in this field. All students who complete this program are eligible to participate in an externship and will be placed with a participating organization near their location. Columbia Southern University works with national organizations and has the ability to place students in externship opportunities nationwide.
Program Details (PDF)