Marine Corps Tuition Assistance
The United States Marine Corps offers Tuition Assistance (MTA) for all eligible active-duty Marines for off-duty educational purposes. The MTA will pay 100 percent of costs associated with tuition and fees up to the maximum amount of:
- $250 per semester credit hour
- $4,500 per fiscal year
- 16 semester hours per fiscal year
For assistance applying to CSU through the WebTA Portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 977-8449 ex 6533.
To Apply for MTA:
- Complete a TA orientation class prior to using MTA. To attend the course, visit the Lifelong Learning or Education Office at your local base. (If you are stationed at a remote location, click here to access the orientation course. Upon completion, you will need to print and fill out the certification form.)
- If you are located at a remote site, your MTA will be processed at Camp Lejeune (if you are stationed east of the Mississippi) and Camp Pendleton (if you are stationed west of the Mississippi). I-I duty Marines will apply through MARFORRES in New Orleans. Recruiters will apply via their recruiting district or region headquarters.
- Marines must apply for TA through the WebTA Portal at: https://myeducation.netc.navy.mil Please ensure that you provide accurate fee information. Follow all directions listed on the TA Application.
Important Information for using MTA:
- First-time, active-duty MTA applicants must have 24 months’ in service from their active-duty base date.
- First-time MTA applicants must complete the MCI Personal Financial Management Course (Course ID 3240G).
- Marines who do not possess an associate degree or 60 academic credits cannot take multiple courses concurrently.
- First-time MTA applicants with a general technical score of less than 100 must take the Adult Basic Education Test and acquire a score of 10.2.
- Marines must complete a degree plan prior to completing 12 semester hours.
- MTA is not authorized for reimbursement for textbooks.
- MTA is not authorized for use on courses leading to a lateral or lower level degree than the one you have already attained.
- MTA cannot be used for certifications, license exams or credentials.
- Marines shall be eligible for promotion.
- Any officer using MTA must remain on active duty for two years prior to completion of the last MTA funded course.
- MTA is available to Reservists on continuous active duty and their course must end prior to demobilization/deactivation.