The program, "The Company Officer Academy" is the result of numerous requests and discussions the chiefs have had with chief and company officers across the nation concerning company officer training and preparedness. Many departments simply promote a new company officer and send them to a new assignment with no formal training. This often results in creating a more stressful and challenging situation for the new officer and the unit.
Chiefs Salka and Lasky have put together a dynamic multi-day program that addresses the many skills and abilities that company officers need to have to be effective in the firehouse and on the fireground.
When: September 15-16, 2018
Where: Columbia Southern University
21982 University Lane
Orange Beach, AL 36561
Early Bird Rate (ends August 15, 2018):
CSU Students, Alumni, & Learning Partner- $150
Standard Rate (starts August 16, 2018):
CSU Students, Alumni, & Learning Partners- $175
Courtyard by Marriott – Craft Farms
3750 Gulf Shores Pkwy
Gulf Shores, AL 36535
Discounted Rate: $89/night
Group Code: COAR
Last Day to Book at Discounted Rate: September 1, 2018
Reservations: 251.968.1113 or Book your group rate for Company Officers Academy
Designed For: New Company Officers - Current Officers - Future Officers
The following list of topics are just a few from this new and exciting program series:
- Leadership and the Leader, Manager, and Supervisor “traits” of the company officer
- Communications, Motivation, Training, Team Building and Mentoring
- What it takes to be that great Company Officer
- The Roll Call: Setting Up and Planning Your Day
- Your Firefighter’s First Day: The Company Officer’s Role
- Your Company Officer’s First Day: The Chief’s Role
- Riding the Front Seat
- Values - Vision – Mission
- Performance Evaluations
- Coaching and Counseling as well as handling Disciplinary Issues
- Awards and Records of Exceptional Performance
- Fireground Responsibility: The Company Officer’s role in preventing LODD’s
- Fireground Scenarios: Tactics and Strategy considering ALL staffing levels
- Situational Leadership Workshop
Chiefs Lasky and Salka have decades of experience as chiefs and company officers and have handled many of the difficult and challenging situations that you are likely to face sometime in your fire service future. They will explain some of the myths concerning performance evaluations and discipline and how to get a handle on your daily firehouse routine. Join them as they guide you through the challenges you will face tomorrow with concepts and solutions that have served them well. The success of a company officer on the fireground is often determined by their success as a leader in the firehouse. This is where the rubber meets the road.
View Chief Lasky and Chief Salka's biographies
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-313-1992 for further questions.
*Columbia Southern University reserves the right to cancel any event that does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements.