posted September 1, 2017
For many, landing their dream job might seem like a distant goal. CSU’s Career Service Department
helps you identify your career goals and break them down into small, actionable steps. With a broad range of services available, Career Services is a valuable (and free) tool for students and alumni to use. Here are eight ways that Career Services can help you land your dream job:
- One-on-One Career Counseling: One of the most beneficial aspects of using CSU’s Career Services Department is the opportunity to speak one-on-one with a career services counselor. Our counselors are available to help you with any questions about finding a new career. Plus, they’re just a call or click away.
- Career Explorations by Major: Not sure what you can do with your major? Career Services is an excellent resource to reach out to for additional help in this area. They are experts in understanding which degree programs make you eligible for specific careers.
- Labor Market Research: Learn which jobs are on the rise and which ones are in decline through labor market research. This will help you to make a wise, educated decision on a specific industry or job title.
- Job Search Strategies: With today’s evolving world, more and more job opportunities are becoming available online, via mobile devices or completely remote. Up your chances of earning a career by understanding where the jobs are and best practices for applying.
- Military and Veteran Resources: Job searching for active-duty military and veterans can be very different from the job search in civilian life. Learn how to navigate these resources especially for the armed forces.
- Professional Correspondence Review: Cover letters and emails to hiring managers can make or break a candidate. CSU’s Career Services are available to review your cover letters and emails before they’re sent to potential employers.
- Interview Preparation: From the proper ways to dress in business casual attire to tips for answering the dreaded “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” question, Career Services can help you prepare for your interview like a pro.
- Networking Advice: You’ve heard the old saying “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.” Many times, new job opportunities arise through your network. Learn best practices for reaching out to new professional acquaintances, sharing your business card with the right people and more.
To learn more about Career Services, call (877) 297-6192, email email@example.com
or visit ColumbiaSouthern.edu/Support-Services/Career-Services