Army Tuition Assistance
The Army Tuition Assistance program (ATA) is open to nearly all active duty soldiers including those in the Army Reserve and the Army National Guard. For details about restrictions about eligibility and use, please download the Army Continuing Education System Regulations.
ATA will cover 100 percent of tuition and fees within the set cap:
- $250 per Semester Credit Hour
- $166 per Quarter Credit Hour
- $4500 per Fiscal Year
Applying for ATA Through GoArmyEd:
- Request ATA through GoArmyEd prior to the course start date or the school's late registration period.
- You must request ATA for each course you take.
- You will receive notification from GoArmyEd when your request for ATA has been approved or denied. If you request is denied, GoArmyEd will advise you of the next step you should take.
- All dropped courses or withdrawals must take place through GoArmyEd. If you receive an "F" you will be required to repay your ATA. If you are unable to complete a course due to your military duties, you must ensure that you withdraw from the course through GoArmyEd so that you will not be charged.
- If you would like to take a course from a school that does not participate in the electronic GoArmyEd course schedule, you must still complete an ATA Request. The request will be routed to an Army Education Counselor/Reserve ESS to be reviewed and approved. You should allow extra time for this process. If your request is approved, you will receive notification via email. You will then need to print the approved ATA Request Form and provide it to school. You will enroll directly with the school.
- You must submit a new, signed ATA SOU each year (SFC and above may sign for themselves and the commander). Your ATA request will not be authorized until the ATA SOU is approved. You will receive a notice from Go Army Ed 90 prior to the due date.