Columbia Southern University provides diverse learning experiences and affordable, flexible distance education programs at the certificate, undergraduate, and graduate levels to a global student body, delivered by qualified, student-centered faculty committed to teaching and student learning. The University is dedicated to providing exceptional academic and student support services.
The CSU mission rests on the commitment to and achievement of the following core values:
- Integrity, fairness, tolerance, and professionalism in all operations which support our mission;
- Focus on affordable, quality online instruction including undergraduate programs with a general education core that promotes life-long learning and the success of its graduates;
- Receptivity and respect for a diversity of cultures, ideas, experiences, and people by all areas of the university;
- Accessibility, flexibility, and the use of appropriate technology in the delivery of its online programs, services, and operations;
- Encouragement of scholarly pursuit and creative endeavors of students, faculty, and university staff;
- Provide student-centered support services that are personal, responsive, and geared toward assisting students in achieving their educational goals;
- Collaboration with business, industry, the community, and governmental bodies to create affordable and accessible learning opportunities for employees;
- A focus on long-term relationships and serving constituencies with special needs that include members of the armed services, public service employees, law enforcement, fire, and public safety individuals;
- A professional outlook that values innovation, ongoing self-assessment, creative thinking, and a willingness to lead positive educational change;
- Provide staff and faculty with a stable and enjoyable work environment enriched by a family culture of caring, respect, and open communication;
- Fulfill the role of a good corporate citizen through community participation and support.
The Vision of Columbia Southern University is to change and improve lives through higher education by enabling students to maximize their professional and personal potential.